In the post “What is DSC” I talked about what DSC is, and why we should use it. Now it is time to get our hands dirty and set up the environment for DSC.
- Download and install “Windows Management Framework 5.0“
- Run powershell command to “Enable PowerShell Remoting”
- Run powershell command to change the “Windows PowerShell Script Execution Policy”
Some helpfull commands
Show all installed resources:
Find installable resources:
Find-DscResource -ov a
Show found resources in a nice grid:
$a | ogv
This post is part of a series:
- What is DSC?
- Setting up the environment for DSC (this post)
- Configure Active Directory with DSC
- What LEGO has to do with PowerShell DSC Partial Configurations!
- Configure IIS with DSC
- Install SQL with DSC
- Install SharePoint
- Configure SharePoint